Marriage in the Catholic Church is “a covenant by which a man and a woman establish between themselves
a partnership of the whole of life and which is ordered by its nature
to the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of offspring.
[It] has been raised by Christ the Lord to the dignity of a sacrament between the baptised.“
* To avoid disappointment, you should check the availability of the Church before you book your reception venue.
* St Simon Peter Church is only available for the celebration of marriage according to the Rites of the Catholic Church, that is, with a Catholic Priest as Celebrant.
* You will need to contact the Parish Priest at least 6 months before you make any firm arrangements for your wedding. We will do everything we can to assist you.
This involves attendance at one of the Marriage Preparation Courses run by the Archdiocese, this is for all parties regardless of their different religious beliefs.
Generally these are one day courses, very comprehensive and helpful to all long-term relationships.
For more information, visit the Marriage and Family Services – Catholic Archdiocese of Perth
* If born in Australia a Birth Certificate, not an extract, must be produced.
* If born outside Australia a valid Passport must be presented.
* The Catholic party/parties are required to produce a recent extract of their Baptismal Certificate (Issued no longer than 6 months prior to wedding date).
For more information, please enquire at the Parish Office 9300 4885